About Algarve Long Lets
- Increased visibility for the properties in our portfolio
- Improve speed of our response, by allowing clients to search the portfolio and options available before getting in touch
- Encourage more owners to join our network of properties
- Provide a communications channels for new owners and partners
Algarve Long Lets is owned and managed by Algarve Senior Living, which provides comprehensive solutions for the senior expatriate market. With clients from multiple continents and more than 25 nationalities, long stays, winter lets and renting before buying have formed a cornerstone of the business from its inception. As the business has grown, the long let portfolio has attracted different client segments.
The business currently provides accommodation for and caters to the following audiences:
- Retirees or seniors looking for winter-stays, long or full-year lets or who wish to get to know the region before making a final decision
- Applicants for Portugal’s tax-free NHR status who can obtain the status using a suitable long-term let contract
- Future property buyers who rent before buying to make sure that they have found the right region and lifestyle. Algarve Senior Living can then help clients find a property to buy
- Property owners who are building and undertaking major refurbishment on their homes and require long-term rental accommodation while overseeing the work
- Expatriates moving to the region with a young family, looking for accommodation options in close proximity to one of the international schools
Due to the number of properties and the volume of work involved, we have purposefully avoided placing availability or prices on the site as it simply requires too much maintenance. We also prefer any of our clients to get in touch and engage with us personally. Following on from our very personalised and customer-centric business model, longer lets are very different to renting for a week in the summer. Often our owners like to know who is renting, and our clients like to know in greater detail the location of properties and what they offer. We provide the glue which brings the two together.
The company’s Portugal Senior Living brand reflects our strong expertise in the greater Lisbon area, extending west to Cascais and Estoril, and south of the river Tagus to Caparica and the Troia peninsula. Coverage of other popular regions such as the Silver Coast and Madeira is achieved via select partnerships.
For those retirees seeking a fully integrated, rental-based solution complete with numerous on-site facilities and amenities, and walking distance to all amenities, visit Luz Living, the Algarve’s first coastal, independent living project aimed primarily at the expat retiree market. Sales launch expected in late 2018 and expected to be ready for occupation in the first half of 2021.
Why Choose Algarve Long Lets?
Most new residents or visitors to the Algarve either know the region or become familiar with it via the internet. However, when the time comes to search for a long-term rental, even prior knowledge or extensive web research does not guarantee success.
There is a long-term rental stock shortage caused by owners wanting to make as much money over the lucrative summer months. Some owners do not provide rental contracts. Most real estate agents deal with rentals as an after-thought. It is difficult to find a company which is simultaneously independent, offers coverage of multiple regions within the Algarve, and which provides properties across a range of types, views and prices. Algarve Long Lets addresses this market need.
Algarve Long Lets is unique for a number of reasons:
- It brings together a network of individually owned and agent managed properties
- All our properties have been previously selected and the terms of the rentals agreed with owners or their property managers, all of whom sign agreements with us. Algarve Long Lets is much more than a listing service
- It is the only site with long-term rental listings in almost all municipalities of the Algarve and by far the largest comprehensive list of long-term accommodation options in the region
- Owners and agents do not pay a fee to be on the site – rather, we vet the properties for appropriateness, price and sufficient availability (most properties are available for at least 6 months of the year)
- We are available to support clients during the term of their rental. We do not simply act as an introductory or rental site
- We are able to provide a range of value-added services including rental contract preparation, NHR applications, utilities management, etc.
- We do not represent the landlord over the tenant, nor vice versa. We act for both to ensure an optimal solution
- We represent more than 25 nationalities and the team speaks multiple languages
- As an overwhelming majority of our rental clients are seniors or retirees, we are uniquely positioned in that much of our inventory meets the requirements of that demographic (which in turn means it is excellent for many other market sectors as well), namely: walking distance to amenities and transport; accessible properties, either single floor properties or apartments served by elevators; environments close to multi-lingual, expatriate communities; and suitably prepared properties such as those with good heating solutions for the winter
- We are specialists in sourcing accommodation options that cater for pets
- We have fully-accessible options available as well as some long-term options for seniors requiring care
If we do not have a suitable option in our portfolio, we also provide a fixed-price search service conducted by one of our experienced team.
Traditional real estate agents often express their frustration that rentals represent competition to a property purchase. We consider renting is an obvious and lower-risk strategy for those who are considering a permanent move but are unsure of whether the decision is correct, whether the country and/or region are a good fit, or indeed if the cost of living and lifestyle will be a match. For those who decide to buy after an initial rental period, we operate exactly the same model on the sales side, with an extensive range of properties for sale from more than 50 certified real estate agencies, developers and some individual owners, comprising one of the region’s largest networks. Algarve Senior Living is the only company which operates this model across the Algarve and the greater Lisbon area.